1. First and most importantly, thank you so much all of you for entering the contest. There were some truly wonderful entries. The winner of The Big One is Elaina O’Keefe. Her reason for photography touched all of us deeply and made her a unanimous choice. If I get permission from her later on, I will share her winning entry.
Second was a tie between Erin Jacobs and Joanna Parkman. Both of you two will win a $100 gift certificate to be used towards a session.
All three of you, please contact me at your earliest convenience!!
2. I will not be taking any sessions after December 1 unless it is a newborn session. SO if you are planning a session for the holidays, please don’t continue to wait. Don’t forget that there needs to be time for me to edit the photos, time for you to view and decide on them and time to get the orders to you.
3. On that note, I have only 9 dates left open before December 1. Those are my only weekend days left. So if you want one, let me know. I also still have three slots left on the 17th of October for holiday mini sessions.
4. In family news, Layne has had a big week! She popped through her first tooth, learned finally to roll from back to front (okay, so that’s late at 9 months but she weighs 20 pounds – it’s HARD to roll that much over), figured out how to get food into her mouth by herself AND she is nine months old today. Nolan did the same thing – a three week period when he was nine months old he met about seven different milestones! Nolan’s updates – he got a much needed haircut. I am debating taking him out for a photo shoot with his fancy new cut. And Layne just because she loves the camera!I hope you are all liking the What to Wear series. I am having SO much fun putting them together! And no worries, I will definitely be doing some lower end ones as well. I know that myself, I have champagne taste and a beer budget
5. Have I mentioned that I am shooting my first wedding??? Yup. That engagement session I did with Kristina Young? Well, we’re doing their wedding as well and I am psyched. I love kids, really I do. And I love families. But every once in a while it’s nice to break out of my mold and try something new. SO excited to be doing a wedding!
6. I am working on a new website. Most people love what I have but I need change. I found a new template that features bigger photos. And I like big photos. So very slowly, I am working on it. I have NO idea when it will be ready. It could be days, it could be after the new year. We’ll see. But I am super excited about it so I couldn’t wait to share!
7. I hope you are all liking the What to Wear series. I am having SO much fun putting them together! And no worries, I will definitely be doing some lower end ones as well. I know that myself, I have champagne taste and a beer budget
8. I never really talked about my trip to the OBX, but I wanted to share where we were. No, this was not what we had to walk to. This was out the back door of the house past the deck and pool. This was literally outside of our bedrooms. It was hard to pull myself away from this…
9. I am so happy that fall is here! The colors in the trees, the crisp air, jeans and sweater weather! (And of course college football season, that goes without saying!) It’s perfect for me, perfect for photographs. Keep in mind cute things for sessions like scarves, hats, boots (even wellies look great in photos!) and coats / vests. Old Navy has some adorable accessories right now and a great sweater sale going on until (I think) Thursday. I’m heading over there later to pick up some great cardigans.
10. Last, to my Philly fans, I am so so excited to be coming back to see you! I booked all of my sessions in under 24 hours and all with repeat clients – including several that I have not seen since I did their newborn session. I can’t WAIT to see everyone again! And the weekend to myself in a nice hotel, well, that is just the cherry on top